The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare corporate and trust funding documents for initial client signing to include funding packets,
deeds and related homestead exemption forms, letters of explanation, IRS forms, Assignments of
• Recording of deeds, and homestead exemptions after client signature;
• Adhere to all office policies for proper documentation and storage of documents, both physical and
• Research deeds when needed;
• File all corporate documents with appropriate state agencies;
• Create corporate minute books;
• Maintain files for Charitable Remainder Trusts, issue quarterly statements and checks, work with
CPA’s to ensure IRS filings are complete and on time;
• Meet with and take client calls to assist them with trust and/or funding questions;
• Occasional presence at attorney/client meetings when appropriate;
• May also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
• Extreme accuracy in keyboard and proofreading skills;
• Desire to learn and become proficient in all aspects of inhouse computer system;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow to address he most critical demands first;
• Critical thinking;
• Effectively present information to, and respond to questions from attorneys, clients and others;
• Willingness to work overtime when required;
• Must “own your desk” and complete all tasks without direct supervision;
• Experience with deed preparation/research and/or corporate creation is desired, but not required for
the right individual who is a quick learner;
• Above all, be friendly, eager and happy to join the team.
Applicant must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. The duties include preparation of deeds, assignments of interest, completing homestead exemption forms, beneficiary designation forms for life insurance policies, IRA Accounts, etc.
We are a Faith-Based Estate Planning and Probate Law Firm located in the Spring/Woodlands Area.
Salary for this position will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant.
Will Depend on Applicants Experience