Installation Manager (residential Remodeling Construction, Estimating and Measurement Experience)
About Renewal by Andersen (www.rbahouston.com)
Renewal by Andersen, exclusive replacement window and patio door subsidiary of the 100+ year old Andersen Corporation.
Renewal by Andersen offers a start-to-finish replacement process, where custom-crafted, energy-efficient replacement windows and doors are professionally installed for residential customers.
Location: Tomball, Texas
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life, 401K+ matching. PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday pay.
Additional Compensation: Bonuses, Cell Phone allowance, Mileage and Toll Reimbursement
The Installation Manager position will manage the entire job construction process, from technical measurements through installation and completion, ensuring complete customer satisfaction including:
• Apply sound business judgement and accepted measurement techniques to produce installable windows and doors for every opening for on average 60 jobs per month. Ensures all projects have been sold and priced in a manner commensurate with company policies and financial objectives. Rejects or approves the viability of each project based on its overall contribution to business objectives.
• Serve as primary job site contact for installation subcontractors and customers for the entirety of the installation life cycle, including the requirement to resolve all installation and customer discrepancies during the construction process.
• Ability to provide financial approval on job impacting work up to a 10% variance of originally estimated costs.
• Primary accountability for communication and prompt resolution of any project placed into Job-In-Progress (JIP) status, including directing work activities of installation subcontractors, supply chain, and warehouse resources.
• Perform post-installation assessments for products or installations which are failing to meet established standards. Prescribe work and materials necessary to correct product or installation deficiencies.
• Determine work flow, project complexity and identifications of appropriate skills necessary to complete a project.
• Promote/enable the RbA Culture of “Everybody’s Gotta Win” with every interaction.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Must maintain 98% accuracy on all measures; you are expected to maintain this accuracy level in both units measured and jobs measured. Provide direct management and leadership to subcontractors, including overall assessment of subcontractor capabilities.
• Utilize Specification and Technical Information manual to ensure adherence to min-max sizes and correct material listing for installation.
• Proactively recognize situations that could impact customer expectations, job costs and/or required residential building codes. Creates documented solutions when forecasted issues arise.
• Submit structural issues to engineering for design and approval. Follow up with Director of Production as needed to ensure timely turnaround of plans.
Other Related Job Duties
• Break down all required materials for successful first time completion of all jobs measured.
• Serve as primary liaison between sales and customer. Provide solutions to ensure successful first time completion with adherence to local building codes.
• Assists with installation and service work as required. Dependable and punctual with appointments, documentation and commitments.
• Measures are to be posted to the RbA shared drive within a 24 hour period. Exceptions made for orders on measure summary or those requiring engineering.
• 5-7+ years of experience in residential remodeling construction, project management, estimating and measurement.
• Highly organized, accurate, personable, with the ability to reflect empathy to customers
• 3-5 years of experience in roles requiring an acute attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong mathematical skills also required.
• Highly organized and the ability to take feedback
• Proficient in excel and other MS Office Suite programs (such as Outlook, Word, etc.)
• Proficient in use of an iPad and apple systems
• Flexibility and demonstrated ability to adapt well in a changing environment to include hours of work and likely excessive drive time.
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background.
• Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable truck
• Required Tools such as 6-foot step ladder, OSHA 24-foot extension ladder, 5 in one tool, measuring tape, small flat bar, screw gun, etc.
• Ability to lift and carry at least 75+ pounds in equipment and product
• High school graduate
• Lead Renovator Certified preferred
• Interior Trim Carpenter highly preferred
Preferred (not required):
• College degree, preferably in Construction and/or Engineering related discipline.
We value integrity and quality if you share these values, required qualifications as outlined above we are interested in hearing from you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds.
see job description
see job description
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): Tomball / Magnolia
Renewal by Andersen of Houston